Photo Mechanic's & Cropping

Anyone, especially newbies, asking for help with Photoshop Scripting and Photoshop Automation - as opposed to those contributing to discussion about an aspect of Photoshop Scripting

Moderators: Tom, Kukurykus

Patrick

Post by Patrick »

If the bat file is being run, it will be creating a text file also called 'DSC_8524.JPG.txt ' that has the crop dimensions in there. Did you install exiftool on your PC?

Patrick
JJ

Post by JJ »

Patrick
It doesn't seem to be creating a text file, i have the a perl version of exiftool installed.
Patrick

Post by Patrick »

JJ wrote:c:
cd E:\Pictures\2008\European\WSK La Conca
exiftool -CropLeft -CropRight -CropTop -CropBottom DSC_8524.JPG > DSC_8524.JPG.txt
exit

Since you are using files on your e: drive, change the script to write e: as the first line of the bat file instead of c:, I think that will fix it.
JJ

Post by JJ »

Patrick
I'm getting there slowly, now i'm creating a blank text file.
Mike Hale

Post by Mike Hale »

JJ,

Did you get this working or do you still need help?

Mike
JJ

Post by JJ »

Yes please Mike
I haven't got beyond creating a blank text file.
Mike Hale

Post by Mike Hale »

Ok, my guess is that the commandline processor can't find exiftool.

If you replace exit with cmd in your bat file the command window should stay open so you can read any errors. I think it will say " 'exiftool' is not recongized . . ."

If that is the case you can either add the folder that contains exiftool to the dos path or use the full path to exiftool in the bat file "c:\perl\bin\exiftool"

Mike
JJ

Post by JJ »

Mike
You're correct, can you walk me through fixing the problem please.
I've also got exiftool(-k) on my desktop.
Mike Hale

Post by Mike Hale »

As you also have the standalone version just rename exiftool(-k).exe on your desktop to exiftool.exe and copy or move it the the windows folder.

CMD will be able to find it now and you text file should have 4 lines.

Mike
JJ

Post by JJ »

Thanks Mike
It's working great, would it be possible to get the script to delete the text file when it's finished with it, also would it be possible to leave crop open?