Open a Specific Folder with a Macro

General Discussion of Scripting for Adobe Bridge

Moderators: Tom, Kukurykus

M;cha31

Post by M;cha31 »

Salutations,

Just found this site. I've been looking for a resource devoted to PS & Bridge automation for a long time, nice to finally google something up that fits the bill!

On with my question. I'm using a macro program that can accept a multitude of variables, timed inputs, and even mouse clicks (it's a free app called Remote Keys - and i swear it's like air to me at this point). What i'm trying to do is setup a "one click" method of starting up all applications and associated files with any given project. Everything works perfect so far, except the Bridge part.

I need to be able to either pass a variable to Bridge while opening it, or navigate the folder/favorites heirarchy using the keyboard.

Does anyone know how to do this, or have any suggestions? With all of CS2's scripting capability this just HAS to be possible.

FYI : i'm more or less an amateur coder. I can implement, I can tweak, I can suggest ideas and improvements, but I'm not at all that skilled at development from scratch.

Thank you very much for any help you might be able to offer.

- M;cha31
Andrew

Post by Andrew »

"pass a variable to Bridge while opening it"

I wonder exactly what you mean here. If you mean when you (not a script) start Bridge you want to pass a variable to Bridge (which I doubt) - then if you have a script .jsx in the Common Files/Adobe/Startup Scripts folder, it gets read by Bridge every time it is opened. You could edit your variable into that jsx file or have the jsx file read the contents of another text file which contains your variable.

Andrew