Faster Match Color

Upload Photoshop Scripts, download Photoshop Scripts, Discussion and Support of Photoshop Scripts

Moderators: Tom, Kukurykus

Mikeal.Sim

Faster Match Color

Post by Mikeal.Sim »

I love what match color in can do, I’m just annoyed by how it works. I think its great that I can select layers from other documents…
I just wish it would auto select the document I’m working in!

Most often I just want to match it to the layer bellow the one I have selected (because I’m blending them together).
It can not be done in actions, so I made a script.

To Run:
Filter/Faster Color Match V1
This will use any selections made like normal.

Requirements:
CS3/CS4 (32/64)
Windows.. probably (Cant test for mac.)

Step by step:
Grabs the selected doc name to populate the “Source” drop down.
Selects the layer bellow, uses it’s layername to populate the “Layer” drop down.
Selects the previous layer,
runs match color.
rajmeen

Faster Match Color

Post by rajmeen »

when i m trying to run it error occur....and error is:"General photoshop error occured.This functionality may not available in this version of photoshop.The object "backwrd layer" is not currently available" so what it means?and why this error occured?
Mikeal.Sim

Faster Match Color

Post by Mikeal.Sim »

The script requires a min of two layer in the project with the top layer selected. I'm guessing the error is because that's not the case.

What its trying to do is color match the selected layer with the one below it using the default settings. It basically just auto executes color match.

if you keep getting that error let me know.
rajmeen

Faster Match Color

Post by rajmeen »

thankx for informing me.....and ya i m not getting error now
rajmeen

Faster Match Color

Post by rajmeen »

here is it posssible that i want to open match color dialog box and it will display preview of all statistics???????????
Mikeal.Sim

Faster Match Color

Post by Mikeal.Sim »

sorry didn't get notified of your reply

yes you can, by running match color normally.
Image>adjustments>match color

Whatever your last settings are will be the default the next time you run it. Thus it will also be the default for my script.
rajmeen

Faster Match Color

Post by rajmeen »

but i want to do it via script actually i want to open one other dialogbox after clicking on loadstatistics which is match color

and all thing will be performed through a scripts

so is it possible??????
Mikeal.Sim

Faster Match Color

Post by Mikeal.Sim »

so the work flow would be:
script/pick statistics file/auto run match color

yeah and it would be easy to do, and I'd help you more with that if my computer didn't stop working.

I remember when I recorded matchcolor as a action and used xbit's action to java script that it gave functions for loading statistic files. that's about all I can tell you at this time.

I'm certain if you get mike Mike Hale or xbit to look at my script they can do it for you.
rajmeen

Faster Match Color

Post by rajmeen »

thanx for reply....but please can you please give your script with the changes that i need because i dont understand which type of changes are made???
Mike Hale

Faster Match Color

Post by Mike Hale »

This change will let the user pick a statistic file

try{
executeAction(sTID('matchColor'), desc1, DialogModes.ALL);
}catch(e){}