Set Black Point

Upload Photoshop Scripts, download Photoshop Scripts, Discussion and Support of Photoshop Scripts

Moderators: Tom, Kukurykus

Steve8650

Set Black Point

Post by Steve8650 »

This is my first attempt at writing Photoshop scripts. It deals with a problem that I have with some images, that involves setting the black point in the image correctly.

This script displays the bottom 25 bins of each of the RGB channel histograms for the image, and allows you to choose where the black point should be, by moving the sliders for each channel. When you close the dialogue, the script creates a new Levels adjustment layer, and sets the input values for each channel to the values selected by the sliders.

For many images, this doesn't make much difference, but it is good for getting neutral shadows, when, for instance, atmospheric haze has added a blue cast.

As this is my first attempt at scripting, I would appreciate any feedback or (gentle!) criticism on my code.

I hope someone finds it useful.

Cheers

Steve

see http://www.stevemortonphotography.co.uk for pictures of North Devon landscapes and gardens.
Steve8650

Set Black Point

Post by Steve8650 »

Here is a slightly updated version, which improves the display of the histogram data.

Cheers

Steve