Variable text replacement inside a smartobject - PIXELSPLASHER

Anyone, especially newbies, asking for help with Photoshop Scripting and Photoshop Automation - as opposed to those contributing to discussion about an aspect of Photoshop Scripting

Moderators: Tom, Kukurykus

Sickculture

Variable text replacement inside a smartobject - PIXELSPLASHER

Post by Sickculture »

Hi, I´m a non scripting men, but Im searching for an advanced script to do variable data processing inside PS. There are many mockups with texteffects and so on based on one duplicated smart object with a dummy text inside. When I cange the text inside the dummy, all duplicates changes with its effects and filters too. Now I will open a psd file, open the smartobject, change the text with CSV data, close the smart object, the copys will change too and now it should export the file as psd or tif or jpg for each record. I hope you know what I mean. Variable data exchange with PS without scripting and smartobjects works with standard PS. but this is a bit advanced.
example mockup:
https://www.freepik.com/free-psd/flash- ... 3d66ee8f14
Last edited by Sickculture on Thu Jan 04, 2024 6:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Sickculture

Re: Variable text replacement inside a smartobject

Post by Sickculture »

I´ll do follow steps:
open a PSD mockup (always the same)
- do a CSV data merge with names and so on
- inside the PSD is a smart object with a text or image inside (or both)
- I will open ths smartobject, replace the text or image with the value of my CSV input
- close the smart object and export it with a specified name inside the CSV ("exportnameImage")
- perhaps run a action too (for specials like transform or other´s)
- than run the next record of CSV until it´s end
I found many scripts and little panel/plugins. They all do batch processing smart objects with replacing image inside or one will do data merge with image replace and text, but not inside smart objects and without action steps.
Sickculture

Re: Variable text replacement inside a smartobject

Post by Sickculture »

ok, bought a pixelsplasher script with all its addons. It works find.
Sickculture

Re: Variable text replacement inside a smartobject - PIXELSPLASHER

Post by Sickculture »

I´m so glad to the PIXELSPLAHER extension now. In job queue I can insert a jsx. So I´m searching for a run actions script with selection. I ´ve found several scripts with hard coded actionset and action.
Run Action_with menu.zip
(2.71 KiB) Downloaded 79 times

But it should be variable and this old script has also the option, to load more actions. But it will prompt for each batch replacement. Perhaps it is possible to safe the loaded actions for the whole batch process and also save these "action stack" inside the job queue for later processings. And one thing is also necessary: all modifications and settings of modal dialogues (like blur value, e.g.) must be safed. Otherwise it must record as action without modal dialogue separate for the mockup job (because these actions like sharpening I´ve bought and in other jobs it should work with dialogues.) Hope you know what I mean.
Sickculture

Re: Variable text replacement inside a smartobject - PIXELSPLASHER

Post by Sickculture »

found this special extension (it´s not updated, but works on newer PS)
https://codeandhustle.com/products/batchplus/#features