Layer comp to file modification

Discussion of Photoshop Scripting, Photoshop Actions and Photoshop Automation in General

Moderators: Tom, Kukurykus

musvikus

Layer comp to file modification

Post by musvikus »

Hi Guys, I am new and a noob. I tried to modify this script by myself, read some posts found on google but probably I am to noob.
I have new PS CC from Creative cloud subscription so always the newest.

I would like to add an option to this script option where the ''save transparency''' will be possible. (this option is available when doing normal save as->tiff-> and pop up window appear with this option

Reference from normal ''save as''
image below
Untitled-2.jpg
Untitled-2.jpg (30.38 KiB) Viewed 3113 times

Right now when I try to export image I have always white background on TIFF. Even if the background layer is turned off during the export.
Are you able to help with proper command and placement for this command?

Untitled-1.jpg
Untitled-1.jpg (32.52 KiB) Viewed 3113 times
Kukurykus

Re: Layer comp to file modification

Post by Kukurykus »

Including Layers is not an option in this case?
thomas65

Re: Layer comp to file modification

Post by thomas65 »

musvikus wrote: Mon Apr 26, 2021 1:09 pm Hi Guys, I am new and a noob. I tried to modify this script by myself, read some posts found on google but probably I am to noob.
I have new PS CC from Creative cloud subscription so always the newest.

I would like to add an option to this script option where the ''save transparency''' will be possible. (this option is available when doing normal save as->tiff-> and pop up window appear with this option

Reference from normal ''save as''
image below

Untitled-2.jpg

Right now when I try to export image I have always white background on TIFF. Even if the background layer is turned off during the export.
Are you able to help with proper command and placement for this command?

Untitled-1.jpg
Hey musvikus,

Great to have you here in the Photoshop Scripting community! Don't worry about being new or feeling like a noob. We've all been there, and we're here to support you.

To add the 'save transparency' option to the script, we can definitely help you out. You mentioned that you always get a white background on TIFF exports, even when the background layer is turned off. We can work together to find the proper command and its placement in the code to address this issue.

Feel free to share the script you've been working on, and we'll take a closer look at it. By collaborating, we'll figure out the best approach to incorporate the 'save transparency' option and ensure your exports have the desired results.

Looking forward to assisting you further. Don't hesitate to ask any questions along the way!