Joining smaller images into a bigger one(collage?)

Discussion of Photoshop Scripting, Photoshop Actions and Photoshop Automation in General

Moderators: Tom, Kukurykus

Traker

Post by Traker »

Is there a method or software that can take me like 100 images(separate files) of different resolutions(IE:300x300,100x100,20x20,500x500,etc.. pixels) and make one big image out of these where i can setup the space(1,2,3,6,etc.. pixels) that will be between the smaller images and also the background color...and should also use the best spaceing optimizations

Also it would be great if it would have a sort by size option where the images are arranged side by side by they`r size offcourse using the best space optimization(If anyone is familiar with the PACK ALL option in 3dsmax UVW UNWRAP utility )

I`m not looking for some fancy software with all sorts of special effects and filters applied to it...just a simple multiple image joiner with the space and arrangement method...
I did a search on google but i get all sort of fancy useless catalog makers:(
xbytor

Post by xbytor »

I don't know of any existing software that does this. I can't even see an obvious way to do this in Contact Sheet II.

It could be scripted, of course, but it's not going to necessarily be a simple script.
Andrew

Post by Andrew »

Sounds like QImage to me - one of the best value and best supported bits of software out there. There is a QImage Yahoo grop where you can ask about this before you purchase.

qimage@yahoogroups.com

Andrew