Photoshop CS2 Backwards Scripting Compatability

Discussion of Photoshop Scripting, Photoshop Actions and Photoshop Automation in General

Moderators: Tom, Kukurykus

Andrew

Post by Andrew »

Are there aspects of Photoshop CS2 that actually break scripts that work in Photoshop CS? Maybe we can generate a summary of compatability issues here.

Andrew
MickM

Post by MickM »

I just came across one today after checking out a question in the Adobe forum. There is a bug in resizing in CS2 that wasn't in CS. I haven't investigated in detail as yet but resizing without resampling no longer works. This would certainly break existing code. I'll post more details later. I've posted this in the Adobe forum.
Andrew

Post by Andrew »

Good one MickM - when you're ready just stick a report in the Photoshop Scripting Bug Repository.

Andrew
Larry Ligon

Post by Larry Ligon »

I found one concerning the use of textitem.paragraph.width. I have a CS script that creates a document at 300 dpi and inserts a very long line of text into a pointtext textitem. I then convert it to paragraph text to find out the length using the width property. I can then calculate the number of lines necessary to fit the width of the desired text box. I can then adjust the height of the paragraph box to accommodate the number of lines. This won't work in CS 2. I have to change the dpi of the document from 300 to 72. Then the value of the paragraph.width is correct.

Here is the original CS script:
bb/viewtopic.php?t=34

Larry
George E Smith

Post by George E Smith »

Larry's problem is also seen my apps. I set a paragraph text layer to a pixel width in CS which works fine. In CS2 it seems to ignore the do text in pixels command and just uses the pixel amount I give it as points?
bjorke

Post by bjorke »

As I've posted elsewhere on the forum, it seems to me that the default location of pasted items (smaller item pasted into larger canvas) has changed.
johnbeardy

Post by johnbeardy »

Another change is that actions including scripts fail if you launch them from Bridge. Not sure if it's on all platforms - mine is XP Pro.

Workaround is to save such actins as droplets and drag files from Bridge and drop on the droplet.

John