Making Photomosaics with Photoshop Scripting

Discussion of Photoshop Scripting, Photoshop Actions and Photoshop Automation in General

Moderators: Tom, Kukurykus

Dave Colman

Post by Dave Colman »

Hey,

I am working with a programmer to develop a Photoshop Plug-in that has a PHOTOMOSAIC COMPONENT.

I was hoping it would be possible to make an automatic photo mosaic using photoshop and than give my programmer my instructions so It can be written into script. I have discovered you can't do it automated you have to place each of the 1000 images.

Does anyone have advice on how to write a photoshop plug-in that makes a mosaic? Anyone know if any books tell the algorithms. Anyone have any help at all in this? Any help would be appreciated. I need to figure out how to do the plug-in or get those algrothims (legally) into my program.

Let me know.

DavidIanColman@gmail.com
Andrew

Post by Andrew »

The consequences of perspective and lens distortion mean that any attempt at stitching images together automatically involves advanced mathematics and a lot of programming. I use PTA assembler which in turn is based around Panorama Tools developed by Helmut Dersch (who is a mathematician).

There are some very useful add-ons to PTA which automate the process further (autopano - which automatically selects points from adjoining images, and enblend which automatically blends adjoining images after they have been positioned). There are other similar programs to PTA eg hugin.

I suggest you check out the PTA site and even more the discussion forum:

http://www.tawbaware.com/forum2/

Andrew