ESTK crashing when debugging under Bridge

General Discussion of Scripting for Adobe Bridge

Moderators: Tom, Kukurykus

hillrg

Post by hillrg »

I am running v 1.0.3 of the ESTK. When I run a bridge script from a context menu in Bridge, with a debugger break

$.level=1;
debugger;

The script breaks, and the ESTK is okay for about 3 seconds and then it goes white and crashes.

Has anyone else encountered this behavior?

Windows XP, CS2
hillrg

Post by hillrg »

Further to this problem, here is a sample script that creates a menu item in the context thumbnail menu in Bridge if you save this script as a jsx file and place it in your StartUpScripts folder.

When this script runs, the debugger halts at the debugger statement, the line is highlighted in yellow and the cursor is frozen at the start of the line (it does not blink). About 3 seconds later the ESTK crashes.

Could someone else please try this on their computer to see if you can duplicate this behavior. Any suggestions would be most appreciated.

Thanks.

Here is the script:

#target bridge

$.level = 0;

if ( BridgeTalk.appName == "bridge" ) { // only load into bridge

// create menu
var cmdMenuShell = new MenuElement('command', 'Menu shell ...', 'before Thumbnail/Cut-');

// execute menu
cmdMenuShell.onSelect = function() {
$.level=1; debugger;
alert("Hello Menu shell");
}
}
Mike Hale

Post by Mike Hale »

I haven't done any Bridge scripting so I can't help you with this other than to say that when I followed your instructions with ESKT open it crashed even faster than you described. I didn't even get the 3 sec highlight.

But if I run it with ESTK closed, the ESTK opens and the script works like I think it would. I get an alert in Bridge.

CS2, ESTK 1.0.3, WinXP

Hope that helps,

Mike
hillrg

Post by hillrg »

Thanks Mike

It is good to know it is not just me...