CS2 Scripting Files Selected in Bridge - does it still work

General Discussion of Scripting for Adobe Bridge

Moderators: Tom, Kukurykus

Andrew

Post by Andrew »

Hmmm, Rags post in the Bugs forum indicates what sounds to me like a major gap in CS2 particularly with regard to scripting (I hope I have this wrong).

With CS you could use the function (dependent on permission)

GetFilesFromFileBrowser

from Dr Brown's Image Processor, to run any script across files selected in the File Browser.

I have made this the core of my workflow and also of my script design - although I do have some powerful alternative image selection methods as well.

From what Rags is reporting it would seem that this may no longer work in CS2 - so if you have a script that say does a heap of image adjustment work on files (including opening and closing / saving files) and you want to run it on those selected in Bridge - it won't do it.

Can anyone with CS2 confirm this. Surely this cannot be right! I just had a look at Dr Brown's site and I note that many of his scripts are now marked in red 'will not work with CS2". If this really is the case I find it absolutely incredible so hopefully I am wrong.

I will post a test script, perhaps someone could try it for me.

Andrew
Andrew

Post by Andrew »

This is a simple script I wrote for my own purposes that adds a suffix to image names. I am posting mainly to test if it works using the "selected FB" option in CS2. Select a file in Bridge and tick the appropriate box in the dialog and see if it works.

bb/files/ah-addsuffix.zip

Andrew
rstucky

Post by rstucky »

Sorry I've been out of the loop for a while. Busy here.

My guess is no, but I could be surprised.

Dr. Brown's image processor was included in bridge. Check the menu's under photoshop.

Bridge uses a different paradigm. The idea is to select files in bridge, then execute a bridge script via a menu. The bridge script then generates a script that you execute in Photoshop via bridgetalk.

I have uploaded a minimal bridge script example:

http://ps-scripts.com/bb/viewtopic.php?t=105

Dowload it and play with it!!

Bob