AutoLoading from a CF Card - Windows XP

Discussion of Photoshop Scripting, Photoshop Actions and Photoshop Automation in General

Moderators: Tom, Kukurykus

Mike Hale

Post by Mike Hale »

I knew it was a badly worded question as soon as I posted it.

I am still working on the autorun.inf method. I have one computer that has to have Win2000 so would I want something that works with both 2000 and XP. I will post it if I get it working.

But thanks for the powertools tip. If I can't get autorun working at least I can use that on the XP boxes

Mike
Norbert

Post by Norbert »

I have the TweakUI (Power Toy) running. It opens all images in Windows Explorer when the CFC is inserted.
Will figure out how to open them in PS which should not be that dificult (I mean for me).
Next step would be how to incorporate ah_next image2.
Norbert

Post by Norbert »

xbytor wrote:Like one of those 'autorun.inf' files? That sounds like a possible solution.

This is not a viable solution on a CF Card because they are almost always formatted when a session starts.

I did play with the set up of TweakUI and in one of them PS started and the New File Dialog showed up. Still playing around with it.
Andrew

Post by Andrew »

Norbert,

I think what you need to achieve is that the powertool starts a JS, as opposed to PS, perhaps with a special extension (maybe jsx will do), and that extension needs to be designated as being run by Photoshop in the OS. But if the card is formatted each time, then that's not going to work either - my card doesn't get formatted unless I require it to be.

Andrew
Norbert

Post by Norbert »

Yes I am trying to start a JS or JSX but no luck so far.

Here is an snippet from Microsofts Web Site: It speaks about Autorun versus Autoplay:

"AutoPlay is a new feature introducted in Microsoft Windows XP that detects content such as pictures, music, or video files on removable media and removable devices. AutoPlay then automatically launches applications to play or display that content."

I can give you the link: