Processing & housekeeping

Discussion of Automation, Image Workflow and Raw Image Workflow

Moderators: Tom, Kukurykus

Mike Hale

Post by Mike Hale »

File.copy still creates a completely new file with a new date.

I don't know how one could copy/move a file in Extendscript without changing the date.
larsen67

Post by larsen67 »

Using 'Bridges' thumbnails has no problems both 'copyTo()' and 'moveTo()' work just fine. And if I recall correctly if you target a folder then it shifts/copys the contents too. I mostly use the system for this kind of stuff but that only works for my mac OS…
laphotoparty

Post by laphotoparty »

Hi,
I have no experience writing scripts and I need to come up with a solution that does exactly what is outlined in the this post. Because I don't know scripts, I would be willing to pay if somebody could come up with a simple application that let me define the watched folder, the action being used, and start/stop watching. Please let me know if I could hire you to do this. I would need it done immediately. Here is a run down of what I need:

- I will be taking photos tethered so that a new image is coming into Folder "A" every few seconds.

1) JPG Images drop into Folder "A"
2) Photoshop CS4 polls Folder "A" and automatically runs an pre-defined 'action' on any images found
3) Photoshop saves the processed image into Folder "B" and closes the file.
4) Once processing of each JPG is complete, the original JPG subsequently moved from Folder "A" to Folder "C"

All folders must be able to be network folders or on a NAS drive.

Must work on Win xp and Win 7. Must be able to handle about 300 photos per hour coming into watched folder. Can't crash.Must be reliable!

Please note that I only have CS4 not elements or lightroom. Also, this should be very user friendly. User should be able to easily choose what "action" they want and what folder should be watched. the user should make these choices through an interface/Wizard not through scripting.
Paul MR

Post by Paul MR »

I don't think you will get anyone to take this up as Adobe do not recommend using network drives with Photoshop, so no matter what is used, a script or external program you will still have this problem.