converting RAW with xbatch

Upload Photoshop Scripts, download Photoshop Scripts, Discussion and Support of Photoshop Scripts

Moderators: Tom, Kukurykus

scottscholtens

Post by scottscholtens »

Hello everyone.
First, I want to thank xbytor for creating the xbatch script. Great work.
Second, I have a question on usage. I would like to convert several directories of RAW files using xbatch. I created an action that involves opening the RAW file, saving as a jpeg, and closing the file. However, when I try to use xbatch in combo with the action, the Camera Raw Dialog comes up for each file. I am aware that holding down the shift key while opening a RAW file directly in Photoshop avoids this dialog, but that doesn't seem to get recorded in the action.
What do I need to do to get this completely automated? That is, have all the files convert and save without needing interaction.
Thanks for any help you can provide.
PS. Is it possible to use xbatch in combination with the Image Processor script?
xbytor

Post by xbytor »

scottscholtens wrote:First, I want to thank xbytor for creating the xbatch script. Great work.

Glad you like it.

Second, I have a question on usage. I would like to convert several directories of RAW files using xbatch. I created an action that involves opening the RAW file, saving as a jpeg, and closing the file.

xbatch works with most actions that you would normally batch. The big exception is actions that open the file. I don't have it set up to override open steps in an action. I should probably add a checkbox in the UI for this since you're not the first person to have this problem. Turn off the open step in the action and you should be in business.

PS. Is it possible to use xbatch in combination with the Image Processor script?

Nope. It was going to extend it to provide more of ImageProcessor's features but I've been busy with other work.

I've attached the latest rev.

-X
scottscholtens

Post by scottscholtens »

Thanks xbytor. I greatly appreciate your help. I'll try out your suggestions. I look forward to any revisions/improvements in the xbatch script you can find the time to implement. Hats off to you!