ScriptUI

Discussion of the xtools Toolkit

Moderators: Tom, Kukurykus

larsen67

ScriptUI

Post by larsen67 »

X, is there anything in your Tool Kit that deals with application 'resources'? Im tinkering around with learning some ScriptUI to add to a bunch of my scripts. I have no issues with collecting myself all the mac App Icons and converting them to png for use. I just get the feeling Im reinventing the wheel and probably not doing the best job of it… Do you do this anywhere in your scripts or would that NOT be permitted? Whilst I can do this for my in-house scripts (we are all macs) I can't help feeling a cross-platform solution has already been done… and I just haven't found it…
xbytor

ScriptUI

Post by xbytor »

I don't do anything with app resources in xtools. If I did bundle any, they would have to be 'free' as in BSD license or, more likely, Creative Commons-free for icons and other data.
larsen67

ScriptUI

Post by larsen67 »

OK, no problems I had been reading a PDF guide by Peter kahel who does lots of scripting with ID and in CS5 you can access 'all' the app icons in png format. I could not find these on the mac and nothing for the other apps only icns files… It would have been nice if Adobe had provided us with some to use… Getting them out was no trouble at all but using ScriptUI is proving a little more difficult. Already finding the things I would like can't be done. Thanks anyhow…