This HAND TOOL !!!!

Anyone, especially newbies, asking for help with Photoshop Scripting and Photoshop Automation - as opposed to those contributing to discussion about an aspect of Photoshop Scripting

Moderators: Tom, Kukurykus

Jarbilon

This HAND TOOL !!!!

Post by Jarbilon »

Hi everyone :)

I need a scrip that can modify an existing Action.
when I record an action, and using the hand tool for navigating around, the Action PLAY afterwards go crazy each time it come to the "use hand" step.

I am looking for a script, which deletes every step of "Use hand" from this specific Action (the Action name is 'temp copy' from the RTM actions set)
my photoshop version is 20.0.7

Thanks in advance

Jarbilon
Attachments
delete hand script.jpg
delete hand script.jpg (75.73 KiB) Viewed 2447 times
Scriptor

Re: This HAND TOOL !!!!

Post by Scriptor »

Hey! I've never used JS to create/modify an action but what's stopping you from just deleting the "use hand" from the action directly? Drag them down to the recyclebin in the actions panel and you should be all set - no need for a complicated script to do so..?
Also - if you don't want the action to record these things in the future, disable the option "Allow Tool Recording" in the actions panel menu. You'd loose some functionality but there is an option for it.
Jarbilon

Post by Jarbilon »

Hi Scriptor,
thanks for your time.
the image I've included in the post is just a minor example of the 'use hand' that I have to delete.
Actually I have to choose around 30 or more 'Use hand' each time, many times in one day.
Also, disabling "allow Tool recording" disables the use of brush and stamp and healing, which are 99% of the records I make, So that not an option for me.
Now I just navigating with the scrolling bars on the sides of the screen, instead of 'Use hand', which is annoying.
Do you know If such JS can modify an existing Action?

Thank you

Jarbilon
Scriptor

Post by Scriptor »

Hey! No problem, always happy to help.

I see. Well - I am not aware of any way of doing that. You might find ScriptingListener to be of use, but I am unsure of the result matches your expectations since that can be a whole hassle in itself to use.
But let me ask you this: what requires you to record multiple actions per day? There are ways to preserve document history/changes if that's what you're after... Actions are meant to be used as a "one time" template for different acts that happens to the canvas.
Jarbilon

Post by Jarbilon »

I am editing Interior design photos.
In this job I have to remove cracks on walls, electric sockets, wires and many other things.
In many cases, the photo I am working on, has 2 versions - with natural light and with artificial lights, by cleaning those objects and recording it, lets say on the natural light photo, I save a lot of time by doing it with the artificial Lights photo, with just by playing my previous Action I've made. And I have a lot of those.

In this cleaning process, I want to use the hand tool because its a great tool, but I cant, It goes crazy when I play the action.

all these actions are one time use, then I deletes them.
Jarbilon
Last edited by Jarbilon on Mon Jan 30, 2023 1:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Scriptor

Post by Scriptor »

Alright, I see your problem. An alternative workflow would be to use a separate layer that you draw on with the brush tool. Then you set the action to make a selection of the said layer, delete layer then run "content aware fill" on the areas you've marked. This would in theory get you the same result on both pictures without having to record an action each time. Or am I missing any key part of your needs?
I'll be off my computer until tomorrow btw, so if I don't respond that's the reson. Cheerio.
Jarbilon

Post by Jarbilon »

In theory you are correct, it won't work well with objects like sockets which are part hidden by a round pillow, or a cupboard door, which is so filthy, I have to select all of it, and give it a good brush or use a gradient.

on the photo I'm attaching is a part from an image I'm working on right now, I can't see how content aware fill can handle those. and yes, this image has 2 versions, with and without artificial light.

Hope you hear from you tomorrow

;)
Attachments
example12.jpg
example12.jpg (193.03 KiB) Viewed 2408 times
Last edited by Jarbilon on Mon Jan 30, 2023 2:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Scriptor

Post by Scriptor »

Aw dang. Noted. If the natural/added light were constant across the images I'd say copy the changes directly from one to another and use curves to match the brightness. But that's not the case. Hm.

I am unsure if evern ScriptingListener will help you, but here's a startingpoint:
http://www.earthboundlight.com/phototip ... tener.html

It's hell to use and I hate every second of using it, but if you do it methodically you might get some results.
Basically: Do something, read through the logs, copy relevant snippets to another document, delete logs, then repeat.
I am by no means any good at using ScriptingListener though, so I won't really be of any help. I don't know how to get ScriptingListener to get multiple instances from an action index or anything like that:/

Add the snippets to a .jsx-file, then run that file and try it out. Probably won't work on the first try though. Sorry that I cannot be of any further help:/
Jarbilon

Post by Jarbilon »

Thank you so Much for your time :) I will look at this scripting listener an see if it can help me.

TNX!