CS6 and Animation/Video timeline

Discussion of Photoshop Scripting, Photoshop Actions and Photoshop Automation in General

Moderators: Tom, Kukurykus

d3mac123

Post by d3mac123 »

Can I access the new animation/video timeline via script? I couldn't find anything in the new Javascript guides.
Mike Hale

Post by Mike Hale »

You can use Action Manager code to access some timeline properties and methods. What did you want to do?
d3mac123

Post by d3mac123 »

Mike, I am planning to do several things including getting all key frames and their data (scale, alpha, etc). I am experienced with JavaScript but not familiar with Action Manager. Any good pointer on how to learn it?
Thanks a lot!
Alex
Mike Hale

Post by Mike Hale »

Action Manger is also called scriptlistener code. There is very little documentation. You can read about how to use the scriptlistener plug-in in the Javascript guide.

I don't use Photoshop to work with video files. I did see a couple of menu items related to key frames but not anything I would think would be useful for what you want.

I also looked through a list of charIDs and stringIDs used with Action Manager and didn't see anything helpful.

I have code to determine the number of frames in a video layer and for moving to the first. last, previous, and next frame.
pfaffenbichler

Post by pfaffenbichler »

d3mac123, what is the ultimate goal/use of the keyframes and the other information?
Are you sure you may not be better off with a dedicated video editing application?
d3mac123

Post by d3mac123 »

Honestly, I am more interested in the animation part (I will not work with video - check this video from Kost: http://tv.adobe.com/watch/the-complete- ... toshop-cs6 ... toshop-cs6 - this shows exactly the kind of data that I need to capture overtime).

I have a plugin that creates apps for iOS and Android (http://www.kwiksher.com) that allows users to create animations for their apps using Photoshop (pretty much what I do is to allow them to move their layers in the canvas, then I capture the last position, and its scale/alpha/etc).

With the new timeline, I would be able to capture the timeline data (instead of opening a window to collect data, as I am doing today). Also, depending on the image content in the keyframe, I would be able to automatically export different images, if needed.
thomas65

Re: CS6 and Animation/Video timeline

Post by thomas65 »

Yes, You can do it. More for creating the animation video inshot pro is best. It is one of the most powerful mod for editing video and photos. More you can use its all premium features for free and you can download your edited video and photos without a watermark. And many others features are available in this mod when you used it.