About XTools and PSE12

Discussion of the xtools Toolkit

Moderators: Tom, Kukurykus

SkriptoMan-56-

About XTools and PSE12

Post by SkriptoMan-56- »

Hello

Having had a problem with an "action" file in photoshop elements 12, I went looking for information about this type of file to modify it.

So I found out that "action" files can only be created/edited in photoshop and not PSE. Next I also found XTools and ExtendScript Toolkit CC.

I recovered other documentation concerning Adobe Javascript as well as subjects in various forums concerning Xtools and PSE including your forum.

To install XTools, its documentation indicates that you must create an ATN type file using the appropriate photoshop menu that PSE does not have! So I tried running the install.jsx file through ExtendScript Toolkit CC; negative result...

To date I am stuck in the installation of XTools.

Question: is the couple XTools / PSE really functional and how to install XTools with PSE?

Thank you in advance for any help you can give me.

Regards.

Philippe
Kukurykus

Re: About XTools and PSE12

Post by Kukurykus »

I never used Photoshop Elements, but I heard some items over there you can have in regular Ps are hidden for users, but somehow can be used.
SkriptoMan-56-

Re: About XTools and PSE12

Post by SkriptoMan-56- »

Hello Kukurykus
Indeed I found this topic (viewtopic.php?f=77&t=22303) in which xbytor provides some information.

This topic ends with the sentence "But much of xtools does now work with PSE"; the question is how to generate the ATN file which allows to launch Xtools and therefore to use the tools it offers... :-(

If we could run the scripts individually with the ExtendScript tool, that would be a step forward, but for now the ones that interest me don't work...

It is also a pity that the proposed link to Anna Forrest's site no longer works.

In the meantime I will continue my research but if someone can direct me to a solution I am a taker ;-))

Regards

Philip
Last edited by SkriptoMan-56- on Tue Apr 05, 2022 5:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.