Is there any script/plugin to search for a specific color in the swatches panel?

Discussion of Photoshop Scripting, Photoshop Actions and Photoshop Automation in General

Moderators: Tom, Kukurykus

riL3ydx

Is there any script/plugin to search for a specific color in the swatches panel?

Post by riL3ydx »

At the company I work on, we have a lots of clientes and each one has its own specific product colors.... It's really boring to search for a color every time
txuku

Re: Is there any script/plugin to search for a specific color in the swatches panel?

Post by txuku »

Bonjour

I'm not sure I understand what you want ..........

You can have a look at this POST about selectColorRange() by Mike Hale! :)
Kukurykus

Re: Is there any script/plugin to search for a specific color in the swatches panel?

Post by Kukurykus »

Explain better what do mean by searching each time for swatch color?
riL3ydx

Post by riL3ydx »

I'm talking about having a search button right here:

(Or some other extension that can Load the swatches and search there)

We have lots of clientes, they all have its own color swatch.
It really takes time to go through all the colors everytime when searching for one.
Kukurykus

Post by Kukurykus »

Tell me if I understood. You want search box where the user type full name of available swatch, so for ex. "PANTONE 9581 U". Then the swatch is inserted at beginning of visible bar swatches as well as set as foreground color? Would not that be a problem the client had to know the name of swatch to use before typing in blank (what would be simplest way to accomplish it), otherwise how you exactly imagine search box had to work?
riL3ydx

Post by riL3ydx »

We have multiple swatches from different companies and these swatches contain hundreds of colors but it takes some time to search for a specific color inside the swatch.

For example, there's stuff like:

0001 - White
0002 - OffWhite
0090 - Black
6090 - Ocean Blue
4372 - Wine Red

And so on and so on.... Those are just examples but there's hundreds of colors...
I wanna be able to have a search button where I can just type "0090" or "black" or "ocean" or whatever and the colors containing that name appear.
Then yes, when clicking on the color, it changes the foreground color (the swatches panel it already does that)
Kukurykus

Post by Kukurykus »

It's doable of course. I can do it, probably this weekend. I PM'ed you to be in touch...