"Override action Save As commands" in xbatch

Discussion of the xtools Toolkit

Moderators: Tom, Kukurykus

cmyk

Post by cmyk »

I have several tifs inside a directory tree. I am trying to duplicate the directory tree and save jpgs of the tifs, retaining the folder hierarchy.

When using xbatch.jsx v1.2 on CS3 on OSX, two copies of the same file are always saved regardless of whether the "Override action Save As commands" is checked or uncheked. One copy is saved as specified in the target directory and one copy is saved as specified within a Save As step of an action I use. Only one set of jpgs within the duplicate directory tree is needed.

Does anyone have any suggestions on how to make the "Override action Save As commands" work so that resources are not spent trying to create and save the second set of files. Thanks.
xbytor

Post by xbytor »

The most current rev of xbatch can currently be found at:
http://ps-scripts.cvs.sourceforge.net/v ... xbatch.jsx ... xbatch.jsx

Try that out. The problem may have been fixed.
cmyk

Post by cmyk »

Nope. It still has the same problem.
xbytor

Post by xbytor »

OK. I'll take a look at it over the weekend.
cmyk

Post by cmyk »

thanks for your help xbytor. before you get to deep maybe I should make sure I'm using xbatch correctly.

I have a one step action that does a Save As to jpg format with a destination specified. This action is run thru xbatch with a separate destination specified within the UI window. The source files are tifs within a folder hierarchy. Would the Save As step destination in the action be ignored if Override was checked, saving files as jpgs to a new destination while retaining the source folder hierarchy?
xbytor

Post by xbytor »

I've done some testing and cannot reproduce your problem.
There is something odd in your action.
Create an action with only a copy of the SaveAs step and see what happens.
Or send me a copy of the action.

-X
cmyk

Post by cmyk »

Here's the action that is being used. Thanks.
cmyk

Post by cmyk »

Any luck on this?