xtools v1.6 released

Discussion of the xtools Toolkit

Moderators: Tom, Kukurykus

xbytor

xtools v1.6 released

Post by xbytor »

I've finally released v1.6 of xtools. I've fixed stuff that was broken. I've added a lot of new things. And I've added support for CS4. You can download the zip file here:

https://sourceforge.net/project/showfil ... _id=207620

Or you can check out the package via CVS if you're so inclined.

As always, let me know if you find any problems.

-X
Andrash

xtools v1.6 released

Post by Andrash »

I'm not sure if this is caused by the large action I try to process in to a Javascript or a bug within xtools.

Can anybody get any closer and help me with this?

regards,
Andrash
xbytor

xtools v1.6 released

Post by xbytor »

It is not the size of the action but the fact that it was recorded in a German (or maybe Dutch) version of PS. Photoshop records localized names for various thing in actions. For instance, if you make a create a new layer in an en version of PS, it gets called 'Layer 1'. Localized version of PS may give it a different name.

In theory, translating a German version of an action in a German version of PS should work. If it's an English version of PS, it won't work.

However. PSCS4 has apparently added hooks to make actions more portable across localized version of PS. I found this out when I ported xtools to CS4.

I can take a look a this for you but I'll need a copy of the action, which version/language it was recorded in and which version/language you were trying to translate it with.

I don't know if this is a solvable problem and it may be dependent on my getting the correct localized version of PS.

-X
bacton

xtools v1.6 released

Post by bacton »

Please excuse my ignorance but..... what is "xtools"? Where can I find a description of xtools and what they can be used for?

My next undertaking will be to automate my watermark info in my images and I see some reference to xtools in this regard.

Thanks.

Bob.
xbytor

xtools v1.6 released

Post by xbytor »

The (weak) xtools homepage is here:
http://ps-scripts.sourceforge.net/xtools.html

It contains lots of goodies, some documented, some not. It's a toolkit with a lot of library routines, some useful utility apps, and other bits.

XWatermark.jsx is located there which may help you with automating your watermark placement.

-X
bacton

xtools v1.6 released

Post by bacton »

Thanks for the link.

I'm in the category "not a programmer" but found the SLCFix.js could be quite useful for me AND... I'll take a look at AddWatermark.js to see if I can figure it out.

Thanks again.

Bob.
xbytor

xtools v1.6 released

Post by xbytor »

Look at XWatermark.jsx, not AddWatermark. AddWatermark is a bit old is not actively being maintained. It's not nearly as flexible as XWatermark.

-X