Photoshop CS2 - How Big A Step

Discussion of Photoshop Scripting, Photoshop Actions and Photoshop Automation in General

Moderators: Tom, Kukurykus

Andrew

Post by Andrew »

Have you tried Photoshop CS2? Likes / dislikes / do you recommend it to others? I have not yet tried it. I can see that it has features, especially those to do with the File Browser and scripting, that could be worth having.

I am a little concerned about bugs and implementation issues that mean I have to redo existing scripts.

I mainly want to be able to get on with my image processing work. The scripting tools I have developed over the last 6 months now do close to everything I need - I don't do scripting for mental exercise (though I do enjoy it), I do it to improve my productivity.

Andrew
mlk

Post by mlk »

It's been a real pain in the arse to upgrade scripts from 7 to CS and now probably from CS to CS2, notwithstanding the fact that Mac and Windows OSs behave differently...

I've been using scripting since PS7 when I came across a design that required a database (namely a yearbook)

I've tried writing a tutorial aimed at designers and not programmers last year, and I'm trying to upgrade it for CS (and eventually CS2): http://www.kirupa.com/motiongraphics/ps_scripting.htm

Some of the code might be a bit dirty because I'm no JS developer myself but I couldn't find any other sources of info on scripting over the internet.

I'll try to post a few of the simple useful script I've been using myself.

Matt
Andrew

Post by Andrew »

Welcome Matt, funnily enough I visited your site and noticed that tutorial yesterday.

Andrew