ScriptUI dialog builder (web app)

Discussion of Photoshop Scripting, Photoshop Actions and Photoshop Automation in General

Moderators: Tom, Kukurykus

joonaspaakko

ScriptUI dialog builder (web app)

Post by joonaspaakko »

A shameless plug:

I've made a web app for designing/building ScriptUI dialogs. It's a visual editor that generates javascript on export.

Website: https://scriptui.joonas.me/ - (Made to work in Chrome but may work in other modern browsers)
Github: https://github.com/joonaspaakko/ScriptU ... der-Joonas

This started out as a sort of weekend project of an idea I had in the back of my mind for a long long time... I think since like CS3 or something. Well turns out I underestimated how big of a project this was going to be. Took like half a year to get it to this point. Over the years I've seen quite a few dialog builders out there in the interwebs in different forms, but I either had no access to them or they never really piqued my interest. Which is to say, I didn't really have strong reasons not to make one myself. I didn't really set out to compete with anything, I just wanted to challenge myself and sort of realize my own vision. I think it's fair to say that it's a work in progress.

It doesn't have all items and it doesn't use all of their properties for various reasons. I wanted to have as many features as possible without losing my sanity. I think (hope) it has the necessities that most script makers would need.

One concern I've had is that it might not be totally obvious how it works...

I'd love to hear your thoughts about it. Issue tracking is handled in Github.

Screenshot:
The sample dialog that you see in the image can be loaded up by clicking the "Sample" button above the dialog.
Screen Shot 2019-01-16 at 12.32.10.png
Screen Shot 2019-01-16 at 12.32.10.png (813.42 KiB) Viewed 6698 times
Kukurykus

Re: ScriptUI dialog builder (web app)

Post by Kukurykus »

For now I can initially saw your work makes impression on me ;)
joonaspaakko

Post by joonaspaakko »

Thanks. I hope you get to try it properly and it helps.
AnilTejwani

Post by AnilTejwani »

#awesome

Thanks.