Copy Merge Multiple Layers Script?

Discussion of Photoshop Scripting, Photoshop Actions and Photoshop Automation in General

Moderators: Tom, Kukurykus

coreyarte

Copy Merge Multiple Layers Script?

Post by coreyarte »

Hello

I have a problem I run into often where I have 100 normal layers with dozens of adjustment layers above them in the layer stack (hue sat, color balance, levels, ect).

I'd love to keep the effect the adjustment layers provide but not have them effecting all 100 of my layers below anymore. Currently my solution is to reconstruct all 100 layers by using copymerge and paste my entire layer stack one layer at a time.

It would be amazing if theres a script out there that can 1.) select a layer in a group starting form the top layer, 2.) copymerge it, 3.) delete the old layer, and 4.) paste it to the top of the layer stack one by one automatically. This way you can keep the look of your image when you had adjustment layers without needed them anymore.

This seems likes this is in the realm of possibility, so my question is, is there a script out there that can do this?
Kukurykus

Re: Copy Merge Multiple Layers Script?

Post by Kukurykus »

There's something very similar somone 'just' asked in other theard, however that waits now for a script as well:
viewtopic.php?f=66&t=40501&sid=066863ec ... eeb447da07
coreyarte

Re: Copy Merge Multiple Layers Script?

Post by coreyarte »

Oh I see , great thank you for your help. Yeah this kind of script can help so many photoshop users for sure. Cant wait to see if it gets made