Adios

Discussion of Photoshop Scripting, Photoshop Actions and Photoshop Automation in General

Moderators: Tom, Kukurykus

xbytor

Adios

Post by xbytor »

I cannot login to Adobe Forums with Firefox, Chrome, or IE on Win7. It was sad when the only browser was IE, but now IE doesn't even work.

I am done, absolutely done with supporting Adobe in anyway whatsoever. I should not have to try so hard just to log in. If anyone needs to reach me, you know how to find me. I am fed up with the Forums UI (NNTP ruleZ dudez!!!). I don't even know if this email response will work (it didn't). And while I'm at it, the whole CC licensing crap sucks. I'm sticking to CS6. I don't care about any Cloud crap. I'm a photographer and jsx scripter. I don't need the latest filter or brush or cloud stuff. I just need a PS without the (jsx, etc...) bugs that I've had to deal with for unending years.
To all of my friends and acquaintances at Adobe and elsewhere, consider this my notice of permanent retirement. I'll lock up revs of PS in some VMs so I can support myself and others, but for the general community, I bid thee farewell.

I tried to post this to the Adobe PS Scripting forum but since I couldn't login or reply via email, I'm posting this here. I've contacted RB at Adobe to have him post this for me on the Adobe forum. If he's not able to, I'll figure something else out.

Going forward, I will support xtools/CSX/CSII/IPP going forward as best I can. I will no longer try and keep track with new PS revs. I have fewer days ahead of me than behind me so I choose to be more selective on how I spend them.

Ciao,
-X
txuku

Adios

Post by txuku »

Adios xbytor et desole..............
smathis

Adios

Post by smathis »

As someone that has just come to the ps script party late, as an observer and learner, it's sad to see you go. You've been a wonderful contributor to the community for years to say the least. Professionally, I've frozen at CS6 as well so I can respect your decision there to shun CC.

I personally consider the work of this community as inspiring not to be overly cheesy here. It's taught me a lot about good code and photoshop's workhorse power. When it works.

Cheers to your future endeavors!
pfaffenbichler

Adios

Post by pfaffenbichler »

Thank you for the time you have taken to provide help and advice here and good luck in your future endeavours!
undavide

Adios

Post by undavide »

X,
all my best wishes for whatever you'll be up to in the future.
As many in this business, I've learned a lot from you - either directly in the forums or indirectly studying your work.
If you happen to travel to Italy I'll be happy to return part of what I've got in the years.
Kind regards and thanks again, ciao!!

Davide Barranca
http://www.davidebarranca.com