Stopping a script & saving var

Discussion of Photoshop Scripting, Photoshop Actions and Photoshop Automation in General

Moderators: Tom, Kukurykus

csuebele

Stopping a script & saving var

Post by csuebele »

I'm pretty raw at using javascript & find great help on this site. I'm not sure if others are doing this, but for most my work flow, I run a script that collects a batch of files in a folder and then bring up the various adjustment tools in ps that I need. It then pulls the date from the EXIF and puts in in the images border along with other info & caveats. sometimes I need to stop the script to make corrections that are not included in my script before the file is saved & closed. What I've done is write all my variables to an array then I write the array to a text layer to the images with a name of "Cookie" with the opacity set to 0. Then I can restart the script, and it looks for a layer named cookie and reloads all my variables back into the script and bypasses my intro UI. It's been very handy.

I would like to learn how to write a dat file or ini, but it takes me a bit to grasps all the code. One thing that I would like to see more of in the code that is posted on this site is comments next to the code stating what it does & maybe how it works.

Thanks for all the great post!