ExtendScript Toolkit will not stop on breakpoints

Documentation, Reference material and Tutorials for Photoshop Scripting

Moderators: Tom, Kukurykus

cmyk

Post by cmyk »

If you come across an instance where the ExtendScript Toolkit will not stop on breakpoints, this might help.

Having the following in your include will keep ESTK from stopping at breakpoints :
Code: Select all$.level = 0;even if it is enabled in the calling script.

To fix this, the debugger should be enabled in the main script AND in any includes.
Code: Select all$.level = 1;
An alternative solution would be to omit the debugging line from your include entirely and only enable it in the main script. Simply turning it off in the include will prevent ESTK from stopping on breakpoints.

Hope this helps.
Mike Hale

Post by Mike Hale »

I find that ExtendScript Toolkit will sometimes not stop for breakpoints even if $.level is set to 1 or 2.

When it doesn't want to stop at breakpoints it sometimes helps to step through the first couple of lines then click play. For some reason that seems to help.

But I have found times that it will not stop no mater what I try. For those times I have to add both the $.level = 2; and debugger; to force a break.
cmyk

Post by cmyk »

Nice, I'll have to remember those tips. Just came acrossCode: Select all$.bp()as another method of inserting a breakpoint.