[JS] "GoldRush" effect for PS CS & CS2

Use this Forum for Beta-Testing your Photoshop Scripts

Moderators: Tom, Kukurykus

_pablo_

Post by _pablo_ »

Hi everybody,

GoldRush is a script that I wrote to generate various shiny effects on active layer content or selection. It displays a window dialog before processing (user settings). Have a look at the example box (CS1 display):

In CS2 you can select the tint effect in a list.

So, this program has be written originally for french users but I try to have english beta-testers. Just read the "readme.txt" file of the package to change the default language setting of GoldRush.js.

Note that the code is english commented if you want to look inside.

DOWNLOAD : goldrush.zip

(NB: I would like to have feedbacks from Mac users!!)

Thanks!

An example of what GoldRush does:

Charlie Chalk

Post by Charlie Chalk »

Hi

Just tried it on a Mac running Tiger with Photoshop CS2 and it works perfectly! No (unwanted) error messages, all sliders/buttons/inputs seem to work.

CC
_pablo_

Post by _pablo_ »

Hi Charlie,

Thank you for those good news!

Is there a way to have a screen capture of the Mac UI?
Perhaps you could send me the image at: marcautret[at]free[dot]fr

Regards
Marc
w2ed

Post by w2ed »

Also tried it on the Mac (needed something to create buttons faster.) Was some of the code from Script Listener?

Also, on my Mac at work, your GUI elements - inparticularly the Radio buttons - were off or had text covering them up. I'll try to sneak a snapshot today.

Wayne C. Winquist
_pablo_

Post by _pablo_ »

Hi Wayne,

<<Was some of the code from Script Listener?>>
Yes, various snippets of my script result from Script Listener. As far as I know, that's the only way to control the spotlight effect, or to select the transparency of the active layer... Another reason is the gap between CS and CS2 Javascript object model. Since I needed a CS/CS2 compliant script, I rewrote some parts of the code from Script Listener.

<<Also, on my Mac at work, your GUI elements - inparticularly the Radio buttons - were off or had text covering them up. I'll try to sneak a snapshot today.>>
Thanks for this information. That's the problem I was afraid of! It's very difficult to design an UI for all platforms. A snapshot would come in useful.
xbytor

Post by xbytor »

It's very difficult to design an UI for all platforms.

In the case PSJS, it is very difficult, unless you use the automatic layout manager in CS2 (from what I understand).

I used to work with a C toolkit that would let you build your UI and write code for it once. I had apps running on Mac, Windows, and various flavors of UNIX at the time. It's a sever engineering challenge on the part of the toolkit authors, but it is possible.

ciao,
-X
w2ed

Post by w2ed »

_pablo_ wrote:Thanks for this information. That's the problem I was afraid of! It's very difficult to design an UI for all platforms. A snapshot would come in useful.

This is also why I use AppleScript, and why I utilize RealBasic as a front end. 9 times out of 10, the UI I design in RB translates well on all platforms, and 10 out of 10 times do the calculations I have done in RB translate well - I just feed the variables into the AS, which is compiled into the program, and It handles the rest.

Now if only I could figure out how to compile JS code into RB...

Wayne C. Winquist