Automatic 180 degree rotation of new raw images?

General Discussion of Scripting for Adobe Bridge

Moderators: Tom, Kukurykus

Timo Autiokari

Post by Timo Autiokari »

Hi,

we are shooting tethered on macro-stand so (nearly) all the images need to be rotated by 180 degrees. Could this be made automatic in Bridge?

We have a Canon MK2 camera connected to WinXP machine with the Canon Utility v1.1 software, this SW does two things 1) transfers the new cr2 images from the camera to a destination folder on the PC and 2) has an notification feature, so opens the transferred images to an application of choice. Currently I have chosen to notify the Bridge, nothing else happens but the Bridge opens and/or comes on top (if I choose to notify Photoshop then the raw image will appear directly in ACR).

I have no clue where to begin. Could it be possible to use the notify feature of the Canon Utility so that the image is "sent" to the 'AutoRotate180.jsx' script directly?

In addition it would perfect if there was a menu item in one of the Bridge menus like "Auto rotation 180 deg" with the tick in front for toggling it On or Off. But a simple always-On autorotation would be a great improvement already.

Thank you,
Timo Autiokari
xbytor

Post by xbytor »

Create a droplet in PS that does the 180 rotation. Use that as your notify app.

-X
Timo Autiokari

Post by Timo Autiokari »

Hello X,

ugh, droplet.

This is sooo hard, never heard about such thing. I'll start searching.

Thank you very much!
Timo Autiokari
xbytor

Post by xbytor »

Droplets are a Good Thing(tm). Very handy and worth the effort of learning.

-X
Timo Autiokari

Post by Timo Autiokari »

Aha, droplet is a Photoshop action thing. This is not what I'm looking for.

We work so that raw (*.CR2) images from the Canon MK2 appear into Bridge (by the Canon Utility), we take several photos from the same subject and then we select some (the best) of those images in the Bridge and send them via ACR to CS2.

So, we would like to see those CR2 images in the proper orientation in the Bridge. The Bridge has the two 'Rotate 90 deg' buttons and the 'Edit/Rotate 180 deg' menu command, currently we need to use either the menu command once or two clicks on one of the rotate buttons for each image (or for a group of images), the keyboard shortcuts do not work (on Finnish keyboard). This rotation operation is shown by Bridge in the EXIF tag "Orientation". I would like to automatically change the content of this tag from 0 to 180 deg.

Thanks,
Timo Autiokari