'Make defaults specific to camera serial number' ON-OFF?

Upload Adobe Bridge Scripts, Download Adobe Bridge Scripts, Support for Individual Adobe Bridge Scripts

Moderators: Tom, Kukurykus

pedromarques

Post by pedromarques »

I was trying to find a way to detect and activate by script the ACRaw bridge preferences to activate the color profile by serial camera id.

It is just to turn ON this option on bridge Camera Raw Preferences:
Edit > Camera Raw Preferences > "Make defaults specific to camera serial number"

I have a centralized multi photo studio color profiles calibration that are updated daily on each PC when any computer starts bridge or photoshop.
It is just this line that is missing and I couldn't activate it by script.

At least I want only to read it (on-off) to give the user a warn to activate it.

Sometimes when a new user PC installs our central scripts, he forgets to put this on, and this would avoid that, allowing CameraRaw and Bridge to use our own camera color calibrated profiles and not the default ones.
pedromarques

Post by pedromarques »

So simple and I couldn't find it.

It is on the same folder as the xmp color profile sidecars.

File(Folder.userData + "/Adobe/CameraRaw/Defaults/Preferences.xmp");

DefaultsSpecificToSerial="True"

Solved!
pedromarques

Post by pedromarques »

This central automatic update for the color calibrated profiles specific for cameraID and studio it is working great !
We are using 12 studios / 16 cameras but we need to be sure that our team see the images with the write colors (on their calibrated monitors)

We use iProfiler to calibrate monitors and DNG Profile Editor from Adobe to calibrate studios/cameras.
Then we put the file on a central specific network folder.
Then our central script system updates all camera profiles to all computers on each cameraRaw user preferences (DCP files and xml Defaults)
So they can use bridge or cameraRaw to see the write colors.

I wander why there isn't a software specific to multi-studio system that does this the way we want...