Scripting Action To Prefix Saves

Discussion of Automation, Image Workflow and Raw Image Workflow

Moderators: Tom, Kukurykus

Miket5255

Scripting Action To Prefix Saves

Post by Miket5255 »

So I have a long action that is saving around 50 images throughout the duration. Once it completes, I then have to rename all of the files with a different prefix for each (Catalog Management). I am wondering if there is a way to have a script tell the action to add to the specific save points with their intended prefix. I.E right now the action saves as say 587654 but i would like it to save as ab4xy587654. The files are getting their names from predetermined images saved as a 6 digit number and being brought in to batch action multiple different products at the same time. The save then dumps into individualized folders so currently all the files save as the same sequential number in their specific format to then be renamed later using either bridge to add a prefix or other methods which are tedious and time consuming. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.
Mike
Kukurykus

Re: Scripting Action To Prefix Saves

Post by Kukurykus »

Generally it's not hard to write a script for, however your description is too vauge to imagine all single steps. You have to write more precisely the process in details. Work out folders tree, products names, where they are contained, exact names images have, and every single one that has get.