360 degree video stitching

Discussion of Automation, Image Workflow and Raw Image Workflow

Moderators: Tom, Kukurykus

abw

360 degree video stitching

Post by abw »

Ok, so this ties in with the photomerge batch processing discussion on this forum. I am currently in the middle of my Final Year Project (FYP) in University and I have undertaken the topic of 360 degree video. Now, basically I want to know if it is possible to stitch videos with photoshop, through some magical scripting power or otherwise. Or even if anyone knows of some software that does this. Basically it would do the same as photomerge, but for the whole video clip (each frame).

Now, the way I am shooting this will be with 6 cameras running at the same time on one steady, non-moving rig. So basically the scenes I am shooting will not be changing (i.e. the perspective etc.). SO I figure that if there was a way to take the first frame of each cameras clip, merge them together and then use that as a sort of template for every frame in the clip.

Does any genius know of a way to do this?

Alternatively could batch photomerge take in every frame of the video and merge the 1st frame of each 6 clips; the 2nd of each; the 3rd of each, and so on...because I have tried doing this with a simple second of film with 2 cameras ( 25 frames X 2) and when I batch photomerge, it basically sees the first 25 frames as identical pictures, and the second 25 frames as identical pictures, therefore it produces just 1 still panorama.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

P.S. (ironic term) I have very little programming skills.