Moving the image along......

Discussion of Automation, Image Workflow and Raw Image Workflow

Moderators: Tom, Kukurykus

knightndey

Post by knightndey »

I am a commercial photographer that shoots tethered most the time at events. I import with EOS (Canon software) directly to Photoshop and with a series of actions process the image and then save it and leave CS4 ready for the next image.

But I can only shoot one image at a time and process it. Is there a way I could import from the camera to either Bridge, Lightroom or a folder and then have Photoshop import the next unprocessed image. This way I could shoot as fast as needed, and then the images would pull automatically into Photoshop where I start the action with F2. When finished with that image, then next one is imported and the step repeats again.

Thank for you your answers in advance.
Mike Hale

Post by Mike Hale »

There really is no need to post the same question in four sections.
knightndey

Post by knightndey »

Sorry, I thought each section had it's own following of experts to help and that I had a better chance of an answer. Shows I haven't been here long...
Mike Hale

Post by Mike Hale »

I saw your post in the Adobe Bridge Scripting forum where you said you want to do this on WinXP. That OS doesn't have a bulit-in 'hot folder' feature like Mac does.

You may be able to find some thrid party app that will allow WInXP to have a hot/watched folder. If you can you should be able to set up a droplet that uses your action and have that app run each file through the droplet as you shoot.
Paul MR

Post by Paul MR »

I wonder if you could modify
BridgePreviewLatestFile.jsx
http://www.adobe.com/cfusion/exchange/i ... ome&exc=20 ... ome&exc=20
Instead of previewing the file use BridgeTalk to open the file?
knightndey

Post by knightndey »

Mike Hale wrote:I saw your post in the Adobe Bridge Scripting forum where you said you want to do this on WinXP. That OS doesn't have a bulit-in 'hot folder' feature like Mac does.

You may be able to find some thrid party app that will allow WInXP to have a hot/watched folder. If you can you should be able to set up a droplet that uses your action and have that app run each file through the droplet as you shoot.

I am actually using XP on an IMAC so I do have access to my CS4 also. Can you direct me where to start as I haven't seen that. Once there, I can usually figure it out...
Paul MR

Post by Paul MR »

FWIW using BridgePreviewLatestFile.jsx and changing...

Code: Select allBrPreviewLatestFile.doc.deselectAll();
BrPreviewLatestFile.doc.select( BrPreviewLatestFile.lastLatest );

to
Code: Select allvar thumb =  BrPreviewLatestFile.lastLatest.spec;
var bt = new BridgeTalk();
  bt.target = "photoshop";
  bt.body = "app.open(File('"+thumb+"'));";
  bt.send(8);
  bt.pump();

Seems to work and opens the new file in Photoshop.
Mike Hale

Post by Mike Hale »

knightndey wrote:I am actually using XP on an IMAC so I do have access to my CS4 also. Can you direct me where to start as I haven't seen that. Once there, I can usually figure it out...

I use WinXP myself so I don't know the full details on that type of workflow. But as I understand it you can create an applescript and assign it to a folder. Whenever a file is added to that folder when the script is enabled it runs. The script could do something as simple as running a droplet/action or you could replace the action and do everything via the script.

Maybe one of the Mac users like Mark can give more details or examples.
knightndey

Post by knightndey »

Mike Hale wrote:knightndey wrote:I am actually using XP on an IMAC so I do have access to my CS4 also. Can you direct me where to start as I haven't seen that. Once there, I can usually figure it out...

I use WinXP myself so I don't know the full details on that type of workflow. But as I understand it you can create an applescript and assign it to a folder. Whenever a file is added to that folder when the script is enabled it runs. The script could do something as simple as running a droplet/action or you could replace the action and do everything via the script.

Maybe one of the Mac users like Mark can give more details or examples.

Thank you again, I will see if Mark can help a bit.....
Mike Hale

Post by Mike Hale »

Hi Paul,

I am trying to follow your suggestion as it would be a cross platform solution. I have made the changes to BridgePreviewLatestFile.jsx and have it installed. At least it's in the Bridge startup script folder and Bridge asked if I wanted to enable it.

I hate to sound like a noob but I can't find a menu item to turn it on. In Bridge CS5 I looked in the tools menu and in the popup thumb menu.