Moving the image along......

Discussion of Automation, Image Workflow and Raw Image Workflow

Moderators: Tom, Kukurykus

Mike Hale

Post by Mike Hale »

Hi Paul,

I am trying to follow your suggestion as it would be a cross platform solution. I have made the changes to BridgePreviewLatestFile.jsx and have it installed. At least it's in the Bridge startup script folder and Bridge asked if I wanted to enable it.

I hate to sound like a noob but I can't find a menu item to turn it on. In Bridge CS5 I looked in the tools menu and in the popup thumb menu.
Paul MR

Post by Paul MR »

I thought it was just me that couldn't find the menu Mike, so I put it in the Tools menu....

Code: Select allBrPreviewLatestFile.TurnOnPreviewLatestFileCommand = MenuElement.create("command", "Auto Preview Latest File", "-at the end of iddmenu/RefineTask", "AutoPreviewLatestFile" );

To:-
Code: Select allBrPreviewLatestFile.TurnOnPreviewLatestFileCommand = MenuElement.create("command", "Auto Preview Latest File", "-at the end of Tools", "AutoPreviewLatestFile" );

EDIT:-
We both didn't look where we were shown to look, on the exchange site the picture shows where it is:
It is the small menu underneath the Tools/Windows menu
Mike Hale

Post by Mike Hale »

well either I can follow your example or my system is too old to handle the script. The best I can do is crash Bridge when a file is added to the folder.
Paul MR

Post by Paul MR »

I have tried it on Windows 7 Ultimate 32 Bit with CS4 and CS5 also Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit with CS5 32bit and 64 Photoshop. When I tried with Photoshop CS3 it crashed.
I found that it needed some alteration as if you process the file in Photoshop and a new document hadn't been placed into the folder the same file got loaded back into Photoshop. So what I have done is modified it a bit further to create a a folder off the HOT folder, move the new file into the new folder and open the document in Photoshop.
So the HOT folder shouldn't have any files in it except the one being placed
The command is now in the Tools Menu.
Mike Hale

Post by Mike Hale »

It must be my system. Even with your new changes Bridge crashes.

Still I think you have a great idea and I'll tuck this way until I upgraded my system.
larsen67

Post by larsen67 »

Mike, I have added a little mac 'Folder Actions' tip to this forum… I hope it explains the basics…