iCal Mac Tip

Discussion of Automation, Image Workflow and Raw Image Workflow

Moderators: Tom, Kukurykus

larsen67

iCal Mac Tip

Post by larsen67 »

There are numerous ways in which a script can be scheduled to run. This is one that you 'may' want to give a try and have some fun with… Providing you have a mac of cause. iCal is your OS built-in calendar application. Here I have opened the app and chosen to add a new calendar called it 'Scripts' and then added a new event to this calendar…

After adding an event they can be moved about within iCal very easily (just drag it about and see)…

Double click on you newly added event to bring up the edit the options flyout menu…

From here we can click the 'edit' button and make our alterations (there are lots of options available for fine tuning).

The one that you should be interested in is the 'Alarm' and its 'Open file' NOT the 'Run Script' this option is for AppleScripts Only…

Here is the flyout menu options…

Locate your ESTK JavaScript file from the file browser like so…

Other Alarms can be added to this event such as sending out mail notifications a given time after etc. as show in this example…
Painted out my address just to be safe… Click the done.

And the result is at my given time…

All I needed to include in my file was the target application header… My sample code was just…

Code: Select all#target photoshop

app.bringToFront();

// Do your processing stuff here…
alert('Hello Im an Photoshop "JavaScript" Script…');

I was notified on my phone by email about the event… There are more options in the custom date that deal with days of the week, months etc. than you could shake a stick at… iCal does NOT have to be left running it can be quit out of and it will run just fine. If you also have an iPhone then you can sync your iCal too…

I do hope them image links work after all that. Have fun…