sSEC_FILE_ALLOW_EXECUTE

Anyone, especially newbies, asking for help with Photoshop Scripting and Photoshop Automation - as opposed to those contributing to discussion about an aspect of Photoshop Scripting

Moderators: Tom, Kukurykus

sSEC_FILE_ALLOW_EXECUTE

Post by Guest »

Any ideas how I turn this security flag on?

I want to execute a file (a .txt file).
xbytor

sSEC_FILE_ALLOW_EXECUTE

Post by xbytor »

What platform and version of PS are you using?

In general, on the Mac, you can't create an executable script directly from within any version of PS. You have to write a script ahead of time that will read a file for a script name to execute. This runner script would look something like this with the execution bit set:

#!/bin/bash
# run a script
. `cat /tmp/execFileName`

When you are ready to run you '.txt' or '.sh' file, write the full path name to /tmp/execFileName. execFileName should have a single line that looks something like:

whatever.txt

You then execute the runner script. To run a different script, change the file name in /tmp/execFileName.

If you are on WinXP without bash, there is probably a similar technique that will work. If there isn't, try copying the .txt file to file named execFile.bat (or whatever you want) then execute the new .bat file.

ciao,
-X

sSEC_FILE_ALLOW_EXECUTE

Post by Guest »

I'm on Windows running PS7. This security flag is specifically mentioned in the PS7 scripting documentation for Javascript, but with no instructions at all as to how to set it.

Just making it true in Javascript doesn't work, btw.