Using IPTC informations in a script

Anyone, especially newbies, asking for help with Photoshop Scripting and Photoshop Automation - as opposed to those contributing to discussion about an aspect of Photoshop Scripting

Moderators: Tom, Kukurykus

Delphine

Post by Delphine »

Hi, I sometimes work for a press agency.
They use the IPTC information as a legend in the pictures. Till now, i never found a solution to do this automatically. They have to open the information window, select the text, copy it, close the window and paste it in the image manaually. Do you have an idea how I could take these informations without an human intervention ?

Thxs
johnbeardy

Post by johnbeardy »

Go to the Adobe Studio Exchange - there are 3 or 4 scripts there to do this.
Delphine

Post by Delphine »

No , I didn't find one. I don't need the filename to be in the legend. I need IPTC Informations, and I can't find a solution.
xbytor

Post by xbytor »

Take a script that puts the filename on the image chage it and put your IPTC field there instead. These fiellds are accessed via the info property on your Document reference. The info property is a DocumentInfo object with the full complement of IPTC fields.
Andrew

Post by Andrew »

Welcome Delphine. If you need more help tell us exactly which IPTC fields you want to have displayed on the image.

Andrew