CS6 Extension Won't Sign

Anyone, especially newbies, asking for help with Photoshop Scripting and Photoshop Automation - as opposed to those contributing to discussion about an aspect of Photoshop Scripting

Moderators: Tom, Kukurykus

TooL

CS6 Extension Won't Sign

Post by TooL »

Hey Guys,

I've had some extensions that I support that are on CS6 still and I went to do a small bug fix update to one last week.
Well low and behold I find that the Configurator 4 won't sign my extension and actually completely falls over while trying to do it.

It always says that it can't sign it and maybe I have the wrong password (which I don't)
So I even made a new keystore and tried signing with that and still nothing.

Does someone know a way that I can sign without using Configurator 4 to do so?
I'll be pretty choked that I can't do this update for CS6 users just because of this...
wasfiwasfi

Re: CS6 Extension Won't Sign

Post by wasfiwasfi »

have tested/tried to sign any other extension/panel ?
if can you send me the extension i will try it my self and see if it works ! if doesn't i may be able to debug the problem...
TooL

Post by TooL »

I've tried with another extension I have as well and it's the same thing/error...
I've tried with a mostly blank extension as well (just a script button that isn't hooked to anything) and got the same error. I'm quite sure it's internal to the program at this point.
wasfiwasfi

Post by wasfiwasfi »

i think you need to create a new signing certificate (.p12 file) !
or you were entering the wrong password of the certificate...
geeklystrips

Post by geeklystrips »

I think your certificate is most likely fine. This error message is quite misleading, and I saw a few forum threads dealing with this without success.

Java Runtime is in fact attempting to access the web through a specific port which can be flagged as suspicious by agressive security systems. I've had this problem since summer 2015 for way too long before trying it on computers in a different setting (Windows & OSX at home) and realizing that my stuff was signing just fine.

If you're using Windows, try CurrPorts by NirSoft to monitor where Java is trying to call home, then create a firewall rule to let it do its thing. On OSX, I'm guessing LittleSnitch could be the cause of the problem.

On that note, I've been trying to convert my panels to HTML5. Although it's supposed to be pretty simple, my experience is it's not. Support from Adobe for this is limited and you mostly have to get the info and costly solutions from third parties. You'll have some luck with Brackets and CC Extension Builder, but for versions above Photoshop CC (14.0) you need to dig deeper. Anyone here with decent tutorials for hobbyist scripters who learn by example, feel free to share!
http://davidderaedt.github.io/CC-Extens ... -Brackets/

I wish you luck :)