Resizing multiple layers to the same size

Anyone, especially newbies, asking for help with Photoshop Scripting and Photoshop Automation - as opposed to those contributing to discussion about an aspect of Photoshop Scripting

Moderators: Tom, Kukurykus

Nemanja95

Resizing multiple layers to the same size

Post by Nemanja95 »

Hello! I've been trying to find a certain script for some time, I'm not sure that it even exists though...

I've been trying to recreate this via Photoshop Actions, but there's an issue with it because Photoshop Actions use Percentages, instead of Pixels/Cm/In...

So, this script would make my job much easier, the point is I need a resize script that would resize multiple objects/layers to the same size, lets say I have multiple bottles of beer open in photoshop, they are all 1L bottles, but when I open them and cut them out in photoshop, they are not the same size, so I'm asking if there's a script that could maybe resize them automatically by the same size, or if I can somehow use Pixels instead of Percentages while resizing because then I could resize an object and then duplicate the last move using CTRL + SHIFT + T?
Scriptor

Re: Resizing multiple layers to the same size

Post by Scriptor »

Hey!
You can change how Photoshop handles recording of actions by entering "Edit" > "Preferences" > "Units & Rulers..." > "[Units]" > "[Rulers]" > "Pixels"

So I wouldn't say that you need a script to achieve what you're asking for, but it might be that I am reading your question wrong.
Nemanja95

Re: Resizing multiple layers to the same size

Post by Nemanja95 »

Hey, thanks for the reply!

Sadly I've tried it this way, I thought it would help, but when I would lets say try and make a preset for a certain size, lets say 400px height, and make an action, it wouldn't make it 400px height, it would make it into percentages, like the picture I've attached of the action, do you maybe have an idea what more I can do to fix this?
Attachments
Untitled-2.jpg
Untitled-2.jpg (36.71 KiB) Viewed 1568 times