Event Script Manager Question

Anyone, especially newbies, asking for help with Photoshop Scripting and Photoshop Automation - as opposed to those contributing to discussion about an aspect of Photoshop Scripting

Moderators: Tom, Kukurykus

coreyart

Event Script Manager Question

Post by coreyart »

I want to create an event in photoshop that calls an action everytime I paint or draw on the canvas. Photoshop doesnt have that listed in the event section of the Event Script Manager so I looked up all the events in the javascript event reference pdf. It listed both "draw" and "paint" as events but none of those seem to do anything of that sort when I put them in.

Im no programmer so Im confused. Is there a way to do this? If theres no java event for "paint or draw" what about every "mouse release"?
AntonioGomez

Re: Event Script Manager Question

Post by AntonioGomez »

Hey coreyart,

The ScriptListener Plugin never logs any change made on the canvas with a simple brush, but with Adobe Generator you can keep track of the "imageChange" event that is fired every time the current open document changes then take decisions based on that.

A possible solution is creating a simple Generator plugin (Node.js module) something like:

Code: Select all

function init(generator) {    
generator.onPhotoshopEvent('imageChanged', function(event) {
console.log(event);
});
}

exports.init = init;