problems debugging with ESTK CS4

Discussion of actual or possible Photoshop Scripting Bugs, Anomalies and Documentation Errors

Moderators: Tom, Kukurykus

Patrick

Post by Patrick »

I finally installed the final CS4 at home last night, and today is the first time I have really tried to make any scripts on it. I am having a problem with the data browser in the new ExtendScript Toolkit... I have a breakpoint in the script, so when it pauses I can look through the data browser. The problem is none of the data browser items are expanding when I click the + by them. Here is a YouTube video of problem.

Does anyone else have this same issue?

Patrick
xbytor

Post by xbytor »

I haven't noticed that particular problem.

Most of my aggravation still centers around the inability of ESTK to reasonably handle the case of people like me who choose to use and external editor to modify their code instead of doing everything instead of ESTK. To make matters worse, even though it still doesn't work well, it's behaviour is different from what was present in CS3. It sucks differently.

Other aspects of the new ESTK are pretty nice. The function pull-down thingy is pretty sweet. I just have to remember that it's there.

-X