flex dialogs

General Discussion of Scripting for Flex, Flash & CS SDK

Moderators: Tom, Kukurykus

Patrick

flex dialogs

Post by Patrick »

I was just curious if any of you got to the point of trying to make Flex dialog boxes for Photoshop yet? I was thinking about grabbing the Flex trial again and giving them a shot, was hoping to have someone else to bounce off of when the inevitable problems come up.

Patrick
Mike Hale

flex dialogs

Post by Mike Hale »

I also downloaded the Flex trial and didn't do anything with it. I spent some time trying to make panels created with Flash work with only limited success.

So I don't know how helpful I'll be the any problems but I am willing to join you in exploring Flex.

Mike
xbytor

flex dialogs

Post by xbytor »

Perhaps a Flex discussion area should be created. It may actually inspire me to start working with it.
Patrick

flex dialogs

Post by Patrick »

I'm for that, might give me the kick in the butt i need to try it seriously.
Patrick

flex dialogs

Post by Patrick »

I found this tutorial, seems like a pretty good primer.
Mike Hale

flex dialogs

Post by Mike Hale »

Dr Woohoo has several tutorials. I think that this is the first one http://www.adobe.com/devnet/photoshop/a ... cript.html ... cript.html

Keefe also has a tutorial on using Flash instead of Flex. http://scriptplayground.com/tutorials/a ... Flash-CS4/ ... Flash-CS4/ Note that there are errors in the tutorial that he says he will fix soon but it's been months
Paul MR

flex dialogs

Post by Paul MR »

There is my pathetic effort here....
bb/viewtopic.php?t=2101
Hemmendorff

flex dialogs

Post by Hemmendorff »

I've created a seriously huge script for PS with a flash interface...

It works pretty well but it turned out there are some very bad bugs on running flash inside photoshop dialogs on Mac OSX Leopard. The bugs are so bad i couldn't get the interface to work at all... It was however so long ago i don't actually remember what the actual bugs were.
But i remember making a test interface to see it wasn't too specific to my script. Maybe i can find it if anyones interested.

In the end i'm rewriting the entire interface using scriptUI because it must work on all OS.
Hemmendorff

flex dialogs

Post by Hemmendorff »

Another weird bug is that you will run into a lot of weird flash security issues if you're initializing your script from the ExtendScript Toolkit, so even if you're writing it there. Make sure to always initialize it from within photoshop.
Hemmendorff

flex dialogs

Post by Hemmendorff »

Also note that i developed the interface using Flash IDE, not Flex, but it's both flash version 9 and AS3 so it shouldn't be that much of a difference... But i can't really tell