XToolKit / Mac OS X / Photoshop CS 2 French

Discussion of the xtools Toolkit

Moderators: Tom, Kukurykus

macfurax

Post by macfurax »

Ok I'm still experimenting with XToolKit. Especially with the ActionRunner.

But the script lock on "execId = PSConstants.lookup(ai.name);" in the function "ActionRunner.prototype.executeActionItem".

The ai.name contain "Balance des couleurs", yes you guess I'm à Belgium one using Photoshop in french ...

So I guess that's why the script lock there.

I read in the XToolKit anounce that the PSConstants.js file is perl generated !!! Can I have access to this script to regenerate the PSConstants.js file in french and share it with other french user on this borad ?

I would be ready to help to adapt XToolKit for french needs.

Regards,

Constant
xbytor

Post by xbytor »

Here's the perl script. The version of PSConstants that is currently included with XToolkit was generated from PITerminologyCS2.h and PIStringTerminologyCS2.h from the PSCS2 SDK. The command line was probably something like

Code: Select all~ xlatepsdk.pl PITerminologyCS2.h PIStringTerminologyCS2.h

ciao,
-X
macfurax

Post by macfurax »

Thanks.

It looks like I got an old SDK ... I cannot found the files you are mentionning. And I guess these files are not localized ?

Look's like it won't be easy ...

If you have the SDK, could you look if there is any localisation ?

Thanks

Constant
xbytor

Post by xbytor »

macfurax wrote:It looks like I got an old SDK ... I cannot found the files you are mentionning. And I guess these files are not localized ?

They are probably called PITerminology.h and PIStringTerminology.h. I added the CS2 stuff in there to distinguish them from the CS versions.

Look's like it won't be easy ...

If you have the SDK, could you look if there is any localisation ?

I don't think any part of the SDK is localized. While PS is localized, the SDK is not.
macfurax

Post by macfurax »

Ok, you where right I got the files (without the CS2). But the string are all in english. There is no way to tell XToolKit to use ids in place of string ?

Sad, XToolKit look's so usefull to me

I can try posting in the Adobe Exchange forum. Or maybe you now an other way to load action file and apply these actions on a bunch of image file ?

Thanks

Constant
xbytor

Post by xbytor »

macfurax wrote:But the script lock on "execId = PSConstants.lookup(ai.name);" in the function "ActionRunner.prototype.executeActionItem".

The ai.name contain "Balance des couleurs", yes you guess I'm à Belgium one using Photoshop in french ...

So I guess that's why the script lock there.

Yep. The implication here is that there is a French version of the SDK to match the French version of the PS runtime.

Can you post up an action created in your PS version? It will help me determine precisely where the problem is.
xbytor

Post by xbytor »

macfurax wrote:Ok, you where right I got the files (without the CS2). But the string are all in english. There is no way to tell XToolKit to use ids in place of string ?

In general, XToolkit does use IDs wherever possible. In this particular case, however, (in ActionRunner) the string being pulled from the action file is a builtin/hardwired string that is embedded in the action as a part of the recording process. It's a complete surprise to me that it is in French. Adobe is doing something here that I don't understand. Seeing a 'French' action may shed some light on the matter.

I can try posting in the Adobe Exchange forum. Or maybe you now an other way to load action file and apply these actions on a bunch of image file ?

Can you be a bit more specific about what it is that you want to do?
macfurax

Post by macfurax »

xbytor wrote: It's a complete surprise to me that it is in French. Adobe is doing something here that I don't understand. Seeing a 'French' action may shed some light on the matter.

I will retrace the content of the variable for you to have more precise information. I'm home now so I'll do that tomorrow (with the time zone difference we are mail-lagged).

Can you be a bit more specific about what it is that you want to do?

I'm working as a photo retoucher (I'm not sure of the word in english) the job of images I received is divided in two, the first part (gold selection) are images to retouche by hand. And for the second part (silver selection), I create a action that make an average retouching on a reference picture. After I apply this action on all the "silver" images.

My intent is to make a srcipt that take these "silver" images, an Action file and automaticaly apply these actions to the images. And I repeat that for each job of pictures I receive.

Thats why I was so happy to discover XToolKit ActionRunner ....

Constant
xbytor

Post by xbytor »

macfurax wrote:My intent is to make a srcipt that take these "silver" images, an Action file and automaticaly apply these actions to the images. And I repeat that for each job of pictures I receive.

Thats why I was so happy to discover XToolKit ActionRunner ....

1) ActionRunner is good for the situation where you want to run Actions from an ActionFile instead of the Actions Pallete. This is useful when you don't want to load the ActionFile or if you have a script that needs to invoke an Action that calls a script.

2) ActionStepper is another script that will take an ActionSet (a loaded ActionFile) and execute each action in that set on the image. As it is implemented, it saves a new image for each Action in the ActionSet. It should be pretty simple to have it run all of the Actions in the ActionSet in a cumulative fashion and save the result.

Was there a specific reason that you did or couldn't do what you needed to with just an Action?
macfurax

Post by macfurax »

In fact I create the Action(s) on my machine, and run it on an other, to keep my machine usable. So I must transfer the images and the Action (Via an action file "some-name.atn"). These Actions only use photoshop tools action, levels, selective color, color balance, ...

To make it simple :

I want one Action file (batch.atn), with one to tree action in it (BatchAct01-03).

Transfer the Action File and images on an other machine.

On this other machine run the action(s) on the list of file.

(Don't take it for you I just try to be clear

I will have a look to the ActionStepper.

Read U

Constant