Change adjustment layer type

Upload Photoshop Scripts, download Photoshop Scripts, Discussion and Support of Photoshop Scripts

Moderators: Tom, Kukurykus

Mike Hale

Post by Mike Hale »

Here is a script that will allow you to change the type of an adjustment layer while keeping the layer's mask, blendmode and other settings. For example you can change a levels adjustment to curves.

The script can be recorded in an action as a plug-in.
xbytor

Post by xbytor »

There's code that does this at the api level only (no UI) in xtools/xlib/AdjustmentLayers,jsx. It's been working since CS3 (maybe earlier) so you may be able to change your PS version test.
Mike Hale

Post by Mike Hale »

I wrote this a while back and forgot to post it until I saw a post on the Mac Photoshop forum.

If I remember the base code will work in versions earlier than CS4. I think the version check is needed because of some dialog features. I guess I could change the dialog but as the script was written for the replacement of the option in the CS3 layers panel that is missing in CS4, I didn't think anyone using CS3 would want to use this.
xbytor

Post by xbytor »

Probably right about not needing it in CS3. Since it was removed from the menus in CS5, it is very much needed by some people with particular workflows.