How to get layer list similar to photoshop right click menu?

Anyone, especially newbies, asking for help with Photoshop Scripting and Photoshop Automation - as opposed to those contributing to discussion about an aspect of Photoshop Scripting

Moderators: Tom, Kukurykus

mantasku

How to get layer list similar to photoshop right click menu?

Post by mantasku »

Hello guys,

I am quite new to photoshop scripting, but I really would like to make script which could help many photoshop users out there.

The main problem now which I think many of you have trouble with is when you want to find the specific layer under the mouse point. Now you have to right click on canvas and it shows all the layers which are under the mouse point, but this list is usualy quite big and not interactive it's so complicated to find the layer you want you need to right click many times to finally find the layer you want . The idea is to make script which shows the same list of the layers which you get with right click, but you would be able to walk through the layer whith keyboard or mouse and the selected layer would temporary change opacity for example, to react to selection and to make it easy to indentify the layer you want.

So the main problem would be to get this list of layers which you get when you right click on canvas. I don't know how to do it. Any help would be appreciated.

Mantas