supress dialog boxes in actions

Anyone, especially newbies, asking for help with Photoshop Scripting and Photoshop Automation - as opposed to those contributing to discussion about an aspect of Photoshop Scripting

Moderators: Tom, Kukurykus

Sickculture

supress dialog boxes in actions

Post by Sickculture »

Hi, I will run a script to trigger a action. In this action is a gussian blur with a simple dialog box switch on before to configurate the settings. No I will run this action with my script, but without the toogle switch on. It should run with its preconfigurated setting. After this script the action should look like before with the options dialog on. It should temperary disable.

Found this code and modified it to my action script

Code: Select all

// ASSUMING DIALOGS ARE CURRENTLY SET TO NO/OFF
var savedDisplayDialogs = app.displayDialogs;

// CHANGE THE DIALOGS TO ON
//app.displayDialogs = DialogModes.ALL;

// CHANGE THE DIALOGS TO OFF
app.displayDialogs = DialogModes.NO;

//======================================

// MAIN SCRIPT CODE TO DO STUFF...
var act = "action"
var actset = "actionset"

app.doAction(act, actset);

//======================================

// RESTORE THE DIALOGS TO THEIR ORIGINAL SETTINGS
app.displayDialogs = savedDisplayDialogs;
Sickculture

Re: supress dialog boxes in actions

Post by Sickculture »

perhaps one can help me with some scripting snippets for:

A) supress/ignore open and save Dialog in Actions with PS-script

B) supress Color warnings while opening

C) toogle on/off a dialog box next to an action (inside a action with e.g. bluring dialog box, this should run with standard values) I know, I can toogle it on/off next to actions manual, but I will do this manual

D) remember all changes done in a actions dialog for first running of batch job and do all the same configs an other images. Otherwise the dialogs will shown up for every picture
-> I will run an action and all dialog boxes with values of blur or highpass should safe in a file and load on next batch. the file should be next to psd file. So I´m able the run the batch job again with same configs. Best with dialog, if load old config or create new.

Hope you can help me? I will programm some scripts for usage with other batch processors or pixelsplasher´s mockup smart replace.