Changing the Document Window Arrangement

Discussion of Photoshop Scripting, Photoshop Actions and Photoshop Automation in General

Moderators: Tom, Kukurykus

Norbert

Post by Norbert »

Can Tiling Vertically (always two images) be incorporated into this script?
This would eliminate a click to run an action.
This is most probably only me needing this.
Thanks
Norbert
Andrew

Post by Andrew »

I had a look at this. Changing the image arrangement can be recorded as an action but it would appear (to my surprise) that it cannot be scripted as Script Listener code does not yield any resulting change in image arrangement. But an action is probably more useful anyway, but then you can directly attach a keyboaerd shortcut to this without an action using the KeyBoard Shortcuts menu (Edit Menu).

Andrew
Larry Ligon

Post by Larry Ligon »

Like Andrew said, it doesn't seem that this function is easily scriptable. An action may be the best way to go. I'm sick, so it may be some time before I find a script answer to this.

Larry
Norbert

Post by Norbert »

Thanks

The shotcut or an action will do just fine.
Larry: Get better soon.
Mike Hale

Post by Mike Hale »

Andrew wrote:I had a look at this. Changing the image arrangement can be recorded as an action but it would appear (to my surprise) that it cannot be scripted as Script Listener code does not yield any resulting change in image arrangement.

Andrew, I remembered this thread today after I helped Charlie with his action and I thought I would try to see if I could do something to help Norbert with his request.

How did you record changing the arrangment? I can't seem to record any thing but the document selection. When I play the action back it just switches back and forth between the images.

Mike
Andrew

Post by Andrew »

If you record it while doing it, it does what you experienced, if you record it using Insert Menu Item it does what's required. I think I'll split this thread and move it.

Andrew
Norbert

Post by Norbert »

The short cut is:
Alt+W+A+V

Can shortcuts be scripted?
Andrew

Post by Andrew »

You can change the shortcut using the Edit>>KeyBoard Shortcuts, you can script it by creating an action and running the action from a script, but it does seem a roundabout way to do it.

Andrew
Mike Hale

Post by Mike Hale »

Andrew wrote:If you record it while doing it, it does what you experienced, if you record it using Insert Menu Item it does what's required.

oh right, My brain must be full - the new information seems to be pushing out the old