PSCS5 features

Discussion of Photoshop Scripting, Photoshop Actions and Photoshop Automation in General

Moderators: Tom, Kukurykus

Mike Hale

PSCS5 features

Post by Mike Hale »

xbytor wrote:Another nice (related) idea would be to have a UUID for the layer that would persist across PS sessions, unlike the current Ids which reset when a document is loaded.

X, I thought that we talked about this a while back and decided that Abode may have made a change because now both layerID and DocID persist across both Object and PS sessions. I have not used DocID enough to know it they are unique, but LayerID are

What I would really like to do is come up with a way to determine the activeLayer without using the DOM. I can do do everything else with either ID or Index. But because of the way Photohop can switch the activeLayer, I have to guess what the activeLayer is using Action Manager alone.
xbytor

PSCS5 features

Post by xbytor »

Mike Hale wrote:X, I thought that we talked about this a while back and decided that Abode may have made a change because now both layerID and DocID persist across both Object and PS sessions. I have not used DocID enough to know it they are unique, but LayerID are

You're right. I keep having to work with older versions of PS, so I sometimes forget that Adobe does address some shortcomings between revs.
Mike Hale

PSCS5 features

Post by Mike Hale »

There is one exception. As you know the background layer is the only layer with an itemIndex of 0. If there is not a background layer the lowest index is 1.

LayerID are treated in a similar way. The background layer always has an ID of 0. The lowest ID could be any number and anywhere in the stack.

If an artLayer is converted to the background layer it's ID is lost in the change to 0. If you then convert that layer back to artLayer it gets treated like a new layer and gets a new ID.
miked

PSCS5 features

Post by miked »

1. full access to brush settings

2. A switch on layer.resize to enforce full opacity on edge pixels when doing a resize

3. Definable sets for radiobuttons; in other words, so that I don't have to put them right beside each other if I want them to be in the same set

4. A visual GUI builder

That's all I can think of off the top of my head.
Patrick

PSCS5 features

Post by Patrick »

- ability to manipulate the photoshop enviroment (mainly minimize/maximize/resize document windows)
- built in odbc capabilities (hefty request but if we are asking...)
- ability to manipulate the toolbar to add menu items like bridge does
Mike Hale

PSCS5 features

Post by Mike Hale »

miked wrote:1. full access to brush settings

2. A switch on layer.resize to enforce full opacity on edge pixels when doing a resize

3. Definable sets for radiobuttons; in other words, so that I don't have to put them right beside each other if I want them to be in the same set

4. A visual GUI builder

That's all I can think of off the top of my head.

1. I have already made a request for write access to tool options including brush. That one is still open, but don't hold your breath - all my other scripting feature requests have been defered.

2. I'm not sure what that means.

3 and 4.

I think that we can expect little improvement to the ScriptUI. Adobe is pushing Flash as the UI even with standalone scripts not in a panel. There are a couple of visual ScriptUI builders but I think the only Adobe builder you will is their Flex/Flash Builder.
Mikeal.Sim

PSCS5 features

Post by Mikeal.Sim »

not necessarily scripting..

folders as clipping masks for adjustment layers,
or some way to terminate an adjustment layer before the end of the layer stack. (an associated effect termination layer?)