scripting Acrobat?

Discussion of Photoshop Scripting, Photoshop Actions and Photoshop Automation in General

Moderators: Tom, Kukurykus

Patrick

scripting Acrobat?

Post by Patrick »

Does anyone know if it is possible to write scripts for Adobe Acrobat? I currently have:

Acrobat Distiller 8
Acrobat 8 Standard

But in ESTK I have no Acrobat option in the drop down. I am trying to automate the task of combining a bunch of PDF files into one large PDF - up until now I have been just doing it by hand in Acrobat 8.

I know that there are a lot of open source things out there for working with PDF's, so I am open to checking out alternatives (would prefer Adobe JS since I am already familiar with it though).
Patrick
Mike Hale

scripting Acrobat?

Post by Mike Hale »

Andrew

scripting Acrobat?

Post by Andrew »

Hi Patrick

I have written a couple of acrobat scripts recently. It has its own rudimentary debugger and there are javascript scripting docs. But, and bearing in mind I have put very little time into learning how to use it, so far I have not found an easy way to write scripts that I can subsequently run when I want to in any document. If you get on top of using it I would be interested to learn how you go about working with generalised scripts.

Andrew
Patrick

scripting Acrobat?

Post by Patrick »

Thanks, I will check that out. I looked through the adobe site for just a few minutes and it looks interesting, I'll update this thread if I make any progress.

Patrick
Patrick

scripting Acrobat?

Post by Patrick »

The JavaScript reference said you need Acrobat Pro to use scripting . Bummer!