CS4 Wishlist

Discussion of Photoshop Scripting, Photoshop Actions and Photoshop Automation in General

Moderators: Tom, Kukurykus

xbytor

CS4 Wishlist

Post by xbytor »

kpt wrote:So... CS4 has been announced but do we know anything about changes to the scripting API?

I don't know when it will be possible to release info on the scripting changes for this release. I'll start putting together a document with what I've discovered and post it when I can.

X: Is it just German, or do you mean any non-English Photoshop?

Actions recorded in one language/localization may or may not work in another. I was just using German/English as an example. I know that there are changes in CS4 to cope with this problem. It broke some of my low-level action file parsing. I'll make sure this is described in whatever I post.

-X
jcr6

CS4 Wishlist

Post by jcr6 »

for the most part I expect backward compatibility, but here is a portion of an email exchange with Tom Ruark:

Chris Russ:
1) I'm wanting to make "HOT KEYS" for within a dialog -- basically
intercept the keyDown event and call the onClick function for the
control of my choice. However, there doesn't seem to be a way to get
that event within a window. Is there something that I'm missing?

Tom Ruark:
No for CS3. We are adding W3C events for CS4 and I think you can get
those. I know you can get keydown inside an EditText box.

So my take is that we can get much more access to the mouse position (for rollover effects) as well as other events within the UI.

There is also quite a bit of fun with the "Flash Panels" where you can have a .SWF that calls .JSX code assigned to various controls. So finally, in conjunction with a little bit of Flash, we'll be able to have persistent panels or palettes and use them to call our Javascript code. (CS4 only)